Installation of a levelling or travelling conveyor gives optimum use of available storage volume by providing the ability to level fill a store without surcharge loading. Best suited for ventilation, or on floor drying, as the grain is not compacted by pushing it up with a loader and the airflow is even, due to the level fill.
A levelling or travelling conveyor will maximise grain store capacity whilst minimising the labour required. They are suspended on carriages and beams at each end of a grain store and are manually pushed or winched along the length of a building. Systems can be fully automated.
- These conveyors have an open bottom to allow grain to fill the building starting at one end and building up to the base of the conveyor.
- Fill a grain store with a completely level uncompact layer of grain ideal for under floor ventilation and drying.
- Remove the need for a loader and grain pusher to fill the store to its optimum.
- These conveyors do not have a fully open bottom. They have individual outlets instead to fill bins or bunkers, in a particular building when there is little headroom.
- They can also be used to fill floor stores with peaked fill when surcharging storage.
Managing Director, David Perry, said “It is imperative that our British farmers are able to continue to support this country through these uncertain times, as a company we aim to support them every way we can with the help of our trusted dealer network. From new...
When considering which type of mechanical intake system to use, the first thing to consider is the type of products to be handled. If the products are all free flowing such as cereals, then a chain and flight conveyor system will...
The machines last The Perry machines are built to last and we have our records going back well into the 1960s so if a machine needs a replacement part, we know exactly what it needs and we can get it manufactured and out to you quickly. We are so confident in the...